JOB TITLE: Full-time Graphic Designer / Customer Service / Production Worker – Lakeville Office
The successful candidate will be detail oriented with excellent layout and proofing skills and have experience with fast paced print production and pre-press processes. Must be fluent in graphic applications including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Must also be able to work with the Microsoft suite of Word, Publisher and Powerpoint. Must be able to work with multiple projects and be able to perform within tight deadlines, have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt to a changing environment and acquire new skills. This is in our Lakeville office, which is a small office and team work is essential.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, strongly organized and possess excellent design skills. This person will have experience with graphic design. Must be fluent in graphic applications including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Must be able to work with multiple projects and be able to perform within tight deadlines, have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt to a changing environment and acquire new skills.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Customer Service, work with customers and answer phones when needed.
- Work with customers files creating print ready products.
- Facilitate XmPie data merges, (we can train if needed).
- Create designs and layouts for specific printed projects
- Execute revisions as necessary
- Create mock-ups / proofs as needed
- Team player with other staff designers including constructive critiques, input and job completion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Results-orientated, deadline-driven and used to working in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
- Organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities.
- Work with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be proficient with relevant design related programs, including PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Publisher, Word and PowerPoint.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills via Macintosh & PC keyboards.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects and perform well with aggressive turnaround times.
- Communicate effectively with management, co-workers and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofing, grammar and spelling.
- Must be confident to take a project from concept to completion.
- Must have a thorough understanding of pre-press and printing.
- Problem solve technical issues.
- Ability to learn and utilize new technology quickly and accurately as it pertains to our business.
* Additional responsibilities/tasks within the position’s purpose may be assigned. Cornerstone Copy Center reserves the right to change job descriptions at any time based on business conditions/need.
Please email or drop off an application to warren in the Burnsville location.