Cornerstone Copy Center
Job Description: Production Operator—Digital Press Operator
The Digital Press / Copy Operator is responsible for producing complete specialized copy projects in compliance with job specifications and in accordance with company quality standards and procedures. Coordinates workload schedule to meet customer time frame requirements while achieving optimum productivity. Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment to ensure optimum output. Works closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
As the Digital Press Operator and a member of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth to our staff.
Because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
- Coordinate with the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Participate as a key player in the Production Team by supporting operations as needed.
- Communicate effectively with the Owners, the Customer Service Team and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that both sales and customer objectives are met.
Digital Press Operations
- Operate the digital presses in accordance with equipment operating procedures.
- Interface with the Customer Service Representative, Designer and/or the customer to ensure a complete understanding of the copy order. Receive and output digital files for use in completion of work order.
- Operate digital presses to produce complete customized jobs.
- Perform all digtial press operator functions as noted on the work order.
- Prepare proof copy of completed document and obtain Customer Service Representative, Designer and/or customer approval as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of safety requirements of job and equipment.
- Operate bindery equipment as needed to complete the work order.
- Assist with job packaging as needed.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting customer files for production.
Equipment and Supplies
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures.
- Understand and perform all troubleshooting procedures on the digital presses.
- Monitor and manage inventory of supplies. Order and stock supplies as instructed by supervisor.
- Inform supervisor of equipment problems and place service calls when needed.
- High school or GED equivalent.
- Familiarity with handling digital files; able to create postscript files.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good understanding of copier functions and bindery processes.
- Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Periodic overtime.
- Fast-paced environment; subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please. You may also mail it in to
warren d. mosier, Cornerstone Copy Center, 13775 Frontier Court, Burnsville, MN 55337.
About Cornerstone Copy Center
Cornerstone Copy Center provides a complete line of document management and marketing solutions including: digital printing; variable data printing; direct marketing services; graphic design; mail services; and a wide variety of print. Established in 1981 Cornerstone Copy Center has two locations in Burnsville and Lakeville where they leverage technology, equipment, and experienced personnel to provide its clients with world class communication solutions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.