Landmarks & Landscapes
AMES CENTER ART GALLERY
September 22 – October 22, 2016
Opening Reception with the Artists
September 22 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Please join us for the celebration of artists’ interpretations of landmarks and landscapes of Burnsville, Minnesota. The Outdoor Painters of Minnesota and Experience Burnsville are partnering together to present Burnsville Revealed. A year of Minnesota artists culmination of work in Burnsville inspired in the open air will be on display and for sale. Some of the pieces may have been finished in the studio from outdoor studies.
Participating Artists Rules and Submissions:
- Must be a member of Outdoor Painters of Minnesota
- Artwork must be framed, wired and ready to hang
- Recommended sizes 8×10 or larger
- Artwork must have been painted plein air or finished in the studio from outdoor studies
- Artwork must be pertaining to Landmarks and Landscapes of Burnsville, MN within 2015/2016
- Artwork drop off date: September 20, 2016 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the Ames Center in Burnsville
- Artwork pick-up date: Monday, October 24 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the Ames Center in Burnsville
- Up to six pieces by each artist. (Space is limited depending on number of participants
- Ames Center will handle sales and collect 25% commission on artwork
- E-mail a photo (can be from your phone, etc) of each piece by Monday, September 12 (no late entries) along with artist’s name, mailing address, email and phone, title of artwork(s), medium and price. Please email this information to BurnsvilleRevealed@cornerstonecopy.com
Next Burnsville Paint Out scheduled for August 27th & 28th 9 AM – 4 PM
Burnsville Revealed – Watercolor Journal Weekend Workshop Featuring Tara Sweeney
Tara Sweeney has 15 years of experience leading watercolor journal travel programs locally and internationally. Her popular workshops combining watercolor sketching and journaling are grounded in a road-tested approach to site selection, materials, techniques, and creativity. “Close to Home: A Minnesota Year in Sketches,” her debut collection of illustrated creative nonfiction, is a watercolor journal created in Saint Paul where she has lived for more than 30 years. The habit of walking until words and images find her is central to her creative process. She appreciates that each person learns and creates differently and is committed to supporting the development of individual style and voice. Her creative practice began with magazine design and writing for Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, followed by 15 years of award winning book cover illustration and design. She has been teaching creative practice at Augsburg College since 1991.
Check out her website, tarasweeneyart.com for recent work.
Click the Photo of the Workshop to get a download of the registration form. Only a few seats left, sign up today!